We’re looking for an experienced and enthusiastic casual bench jeweller to join our manufacturing team. The role involves the production of our core By Baby collection as well as bespoke pieces. The successful candidate will report to our Workshop Manager and work closely with the manufacturing team, bespoke and customer service teams alongside our directors and master jeweller.
About BY BABY
We create fine jewellery with an edge. Designed so the wearer becomes the curator, our customers are at the heart of everything we create. Our jewellery is solid gold and designed to last a lifetime, be worn minimally, maximally but most of all, often.
We design and make one-of-a-kind pieces for our awesome bespoke customers, as well as collection pieces for the retail boutique and online store. Our jewellery workshop is located on display inside our bustling James Street boutique, creating an authentic and exciting jewellery experience.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Highly adaptable, responding positively and proactively to time sensitive requests.
- Enthusiastically work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
- A confident presence on the bench with a keen attitude for problem solving.
- Strong team working ability. Work closely with all team members, showing a willingness to direct and develop in an encouraging, creative and uplifting manner.
- Demonstrate a high level of technical jewellery making skills working predominantly with gold and sterling silver metals.
- Skills include but are not limited to: casting clean up, polishing, plating and soldering.
- Construction of complex CAD components with the incorporation of hand-made elements.
- Stone setting skills are beneficial.
- Support the Workshop Manager and workshop team by assisting with administrative tasks when required.
- Collaborate with the bespoke and retail teams to support team goals and a positive customer experience.
- A minimum of three years bench experience is required.
WORKING WITH BY BABY
At By Baby, our team is hard-working, energetic and highly collaborative. We are female led and LGBTQIA+. We provide opportunities for career growth and support your development.
- This is a casual role, 2-4 days per week.
- Weekend availability is essential.
- This is an in-person role, based in our James Street boutique and workshop in Fortitude Valley (Brisbane, QLD).
Sound like a great fit?
To apply, please forward your resume and portfolio (digital/instagram portfolios are accepted) to email@example.com.
We’d love to meet you! You can apply in person by dropping your resume and portfolio to our James Street boutique and workshop, Monday-Thursday between 10am-5pm and ask for Veronica.
No agency contacts, please.
Due to the volume of applications expected, only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.